We’re constantly working to improve your experience with Hutch. Here’s a summary of all recent updates to the software.
RELEASE NOTES: July 27, 2021
We’ve launched our new series of pedigree features to help you keep better tabs on your rabbits and to share them with others. Our new pedigree has been designed for you with the familiar Hutch interface, but now it is easier than ever before to upload data and quickly find what you need in order make sure all those rabbits are accounted for!
Our new and improved pedigree features include:
- A more intuitively designed pedigree option panel
- New border style options to change the look of your pedigree
- New color pair options to identify bucks and does more easily
- Customize which content option fields you want displayed
- Designed with a cleaner look and feel without button clutter
- Option to show up from 1 to 8 generations on your digital pedigree
- An improved design for printed pedigrees
- Convenient pedigree zoom feature for easier viewing
- Pedigree generation labels for more precise identification
For more helpful tutorials, frequently asked questions, hints, tips, and tricks, check out more articles in our Hutch Knowledge Base.
Other releases for this week include:
- Fixed breeder sorting option by cage number values in the mobile apps.
- Fixed bug with how litter weight were displayed in the mobile app
- Added a horizontal pedigree option for mobile tablets, with pinch and squeeze functionality for zooming.
- Updated design for the main menu.
- Updated design for the header and footer.
- Updated the general design of data tables throughout the site.
- Updated and unified some of the colors and styles throughout the software.
- Fixed bug in the mobile app that was causing kit weights to not show in chronological order.
- Removed confusing option on mobile app for adding a new parent for a breeder when editing a breeder.
- Added options to kit pedigrees in the mobile app for importing and sharing.
- Updated kit pedigree options for importing other rabbits to match breeder pedigree options.
This has been a busy week for our team and we send out a special thanks for all their hustle to help you all breed better rabbits more easily! Thanks Hutch Team!
RELEASE NOTES: July 14, 2021
- Updated the printed pedigrees to show a smaller font size for a rabbit’s color when the color name is too long to fit on the pedigree card.
RELEASE NOTES: Jun 28, 2021
- Improved the speed at which the Tasks load in Android and iOS apps.
- Fix sorting by cage numbers in iOS/Android app.
- Fixed bug in mobile app with sorting breeders by ID.
- Added a system check to make sure a rabbit’s parents can’t the be same rabbit or same gender.
RELEASE NOTES: Jun 22, 2021
RELEASE NOTES: Jun 8, 2021
- Fixed bug that was preventing litter info from saving in the mobile app.
- Fixed bug on Android app where litter wasn’t showing in the list after being added.
- Fixed bug that was allowing empty buck and doe values when saving a litter in the mobile app.
- Fixed bug in mobile apps that prevented butcher and pre-butcher weights from being updated.
- Fixed bug with downloading a pdf pedigree on the mobile app – it will now download only, rather than open the pdf, as some phones do not have pdf readers installed.
- Fixed bug with adding Financial Ledger items in mobile apps.
- Fixed bug that caused the app to crash when clicking the butcher icon within a task on the calendar.
- Added a system check to make sure a rabbit’s parents can’t be the same rabbit or same gender.
RELEASE NOTES: May 31, 2021
- Updated new printed pedigree design to leave fields with no data blank so they can be filled in by hand instead of showing “N/A”.
- Fixed bug on Android app that was causing the genotype to sometimes not save.
- Fixed bug on mobile apps to ensure that weighings are displayed in chronological order.
- Fixed bug on Android app that was causing some breeder fields to not show data sometimes.
- Fixed a bug where the “Save” button wasn’t responding for litters.
Released On: May 4, 2021
We have now invited all users to try out the new Pedigree System. We’ve listened to your feedback closely and have updated how you work with pedigrees for a streamlined user experience.
- In the Pedigree System, we’ve made sure that the prefixes and ear tattoo numbers will always be among the fields included in the 4th generation for printed pedigrees unless turned off in pedigree settings.
- Fixed bug that was causing the iOS app to crash when adding breeder notes.
- Updated the Pedigree Card View screen to always show the Edit button on the Mobile app.
- Fixed a bug where culled kits were marked as butchered. And removed butchered litter view for those who have disabled meat and pelt options.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the mobile app to crash when printing litter cage cards that included tables.
- When a rabbit is sold, all future incomplete tasks for that rabbit will now automatically be removed.
Released On: April 26th, 2021
Here are some of the main updates we have made to Hutch:
- Increased the font size for printed pedigrees to make them easier to read. This required changing the layout slightly and limiting the printed pedigree to 6 fields that show for all four generations. Online pedigrees can still show all fields and up to 8 generations.
- The placeholder rabbit image will now be hidden if the photo is disabled in Pedigree Settings.
- The new pedigree design auto-centers on the main rabbit’s card and zooms out by default when 5 or more generations are showing.
- Fixed gray boxes that appeared around the pedigree cards on the PDF version on Apple devices for one of the border styles.
- Fixed a bug in the 8-generation view which caused words to overflow the bounds of the cards.
- Fixed a bug that wasn’t importing the entire line of a rabbit when copying from an existing pedigree.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some images to be stretched when uploaded through the mobile app.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the iOS app to crash when adding breeder notes.